Certified Organic African Ylang Ylang Oil
Botanical Name: Cananga Odorata Oil
Common Name: Ylang Ylang Oil
Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
Plant Part: Flower
Origin: Ghana, West Africa
Anti-viral, Anti-microbial, Disinfectant, Anti-fungal, Anti-bacterial, Anti-biofilm, Anti-septic, Decongestant, Expectorant
Anti-anxiety, Cardiotonic, Sedative, Anti-depressant, Anxiolytic,
Antioxidant, Anti-inflammatory, Analgesic, Anaesthetic, Anti-spasmodic
NERVOUS SYSTEM / EMOTIONS
- acts as a sedative for anxiety, panic and depression
- enhances nervous system health,
- reduces the stress exerted on the nerves
- stabilizes the heart rate
- balances blood pressure levels
- alleviates symptoms of PMS
- helps alleviate insomnia
- calms the mind and body through inflation and topical use
- softens and soothes skin
- enhances circulation
- reduces moisture loss
- encourages new growth of skin and hair
- contributes and maintains hydration
- reduces sebum production in oily or combination skin
- increases sebum production in dry skin
- reduces redness and diminishes swelling
- quells insect bites
- encourages hair growth
- strengthens scalp and hair
- alleviates split ends in hair
- facilitates wound healing
- neutralizes microbes and parasites
- helps prevent infections
- soothes inflammation and irritation on the body and the scalp
Our Wildcrafted Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil is undiluted, unadulterated, documented and Certified Organic by the Soil Association Standard in the United Kingdom. It is pure, genuine, unadulterated and ethically sourced, being wholly derived from Wildcrafted flowers of Ylang Ylang trees located in the tropical rainforests of Ghana, West Africa- free from pesticides, herbicides, detergents and every other harmful chemical.
The Ylang Ylang flower (pronounced as "Eee-lang Eee-lang") is a true treasure from the world of flowers that thoroughly lives up to its reputation as the "Queen of Flowers". It has an irresistible exotic, alluring, sweet, floral, rich, soft and fragrant aroma.
This sweet-fragranced oil is extracted from the steam-distilled, fresh and mature Ylang Ylang blossoms, which are wildhavested at dawn; the flower petals must be steam-distilled almost immediately in order to extract the unadulterated Ylang Ylang Complete essential oil that has a most beautiful, intoxicating scent.
"Complete" refers to an uninterrupted (un-fractionated) distillation (for up to 26 hours) that extracts the most comprehensive array of therapeutic properties from the flowers and produces an essential oil with a full, sweetly floral, complex bouquet.
Since time memorial, Ylang Ylang Oil has been used for its beautifying and anti-ageing effects on the body, mind and emotions. Topically, Ylang Ylang Essential Oil is prized amongst the nations for promoting nourished and moisturized soft, supple skin.
Mind and Emotions
Ylang Ylang oil has therapeutic properties that favorably affect your mood, mind and body’s nervous system. It has been used for its Nervine properties that are known to enhance the health of the central nervous system (CNS) by strengthening ithe CNS and repairing any damage it might have undergone.
Ylang Ylang's powerful and distinctive signature scent is calming, with a euphoric and uplifting effect that reduces the severity of nervous disorders, hypertension, palpitations, anxiety, stress, tension, shock and panic and the like. It has also been used in cases of depression and anger management and for dispelling feelings of sadness and negativity.
Ylang Ylang oil can assist with problems, such as brain fatigue, rapid breathing and rapid heartbeat and also helps in balancing blood pressure levels. It enhances the health of the nervous system and reduces nerve stress.
Ylang Ylang Oil is known to have a wide array of potent constituents that contribute to its therapeutic strength and activity on many levels. Highlights include:
- Natural Antiseptic (disinfectant) properties that help keep skin clean and contaminant-free and are useful in disinfecting the skin and speeding up the healing of acne, burns, eczema, rashes, scrapes, wounds, boils and ingrown nails
- Anti-inflammatory (inflammation-reducing) properties that alleviate and soothe skin inflammation and irritation
- Anti-seborrheic (Sebum-regulating) properties that work to regulate and balance oil production in the skin of all types to correct excessive dryness, as well as oiliness.
- Potent Antioxidant properties that fight free radicals responsible for premature aging, fade fine lines and wrinkles, improve uneven skin, and reduce oxidative stress that provokes cellular ageing
- Disinfectant properties that facilitate wound healing by preventing cuts, scrapes, and burns.
Scalp and Hair
Ylang Ylang oil is a natural conditioning agent that is beneficial to both scalp and hair. It also has a stimulating effect on the scalp that encourages hair growth and promotes lush, luxurious hair, keeping it silky and shiny. Ylang Ylang oil also:
- Cleans and unclogs scalp pores;
- Reduces scalp inflammation that can cause hair loss;
- Stimulates and nourishes hair follicles by boosting blood circulation in the scalp, leading to luxuriant hair growth;
- Helps with alopecia (hair loss)
- Kills germs that lead to hair loss;
- Alleviates split ends in hair